Allow me to introduce myself…
I’m Chris, a record producer based in San Antonio, TX. I’ve been Penny & Sparrow's producer, Jarrod Dickenson’s producer, Duncan Fellow’s producer. And now?
I’M YOUR RECORD PRODUCER.
Why am I for you?
BECAUSE you’re talented and want your recordings to actually reflect that. But you don't know how to record yourself. You know the basics of GarageBand but it mainly just makes you frustrated and disappointed.
BECAUSE you have recording envy, to the tune of: “I’d love to sound like that but have no idea how.”
BECAUSE maybe you don’t pore over Tape Op Magazine or have recording gear lust, but you know how you feel when you have a great show — and dammit, you want your recordings to feel like that.
AND ME? THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I DO.
I put together the perfect production for you and your songs.
From creating a unique vocal sound, to laying down a rock solid rhythm section, I’ll have you presented in confidence in no time flat! So whether you’re pitching yourself to a label or selling CDs at shows, you never have that “I sound better live” moment again.
BEST PART: We can do much of the prep work over Skype, and I make it easy. And yes, I do remote recording, too. Ready to start rolling?
Wanna know how good I am?
Check out what Penny & Sparrow, Jarrod Dickenson, and other happy clients have to say, HERE.
Wanna know more about me?
I’ll keep it simple and random, with these 11 facts:
1. I love music but hate the music industry. I think it’s gross. If you're looking to be the next Florida Georgia Line and start cashing checks... I'm not your guy.
2. I’m originally from Lake Highlands in Dallas, TX. Home of St. Vincent, The Polyphonic Spree and, most importantly, Chris Harrison, from The Bachelor. We all hang out on the reg.
3. I wear what my friends call "The Uniform" pretty much everyday. Black V-neck (I currently own 11) and dark jeans a la Hank Moody. I have enough decisions to make during a day...
4. My love of record production may have started with trying to re-record Sgt. Peppers in my bedroom studio…but for the record: I would have attempted to do just the same with a Justin Vernon or Blake Mills production if they'd existed.
5. My biggest pet peeve is when people brush their teeth outside of the bathroom. I know... I'm weird.
6. My Dad is from Texas and my Mom is from New York, NY. I don't have thick Texas accent but I do say "thang" instead of "thing" and fight the urge to say "arnge" instead of "orange".
7. I got my start in the record production business by producing my friends in my early 20s. When Tenboom hit #7 on Billboard Folk Albums, I jumped at the opportunity to do this full-time. I’ve been fortunate enough to work with artists like Penny & Sparrow, Jarrod Dickenson and JP Ruggieri and bands (see my discography) like Duncan Fellows, The Friendly Savages and Davis.
8. I love old, shitty guitars. You know “shiny object syndrome”? I have dirty, rusty string syndrome. Must. Buy.
9. I have a serious addiction to coffee! And love single malt whisky. Attempt to take either of these away from me, and you will pay the consequences.
10. I LOVE MY JOB! I love songwriting, recording vocals, geeking about vintage instruments and futzing with recording equipment. I love this space where they all meet. Most of all, I love combining them around your voice, or showing you how you can use the production tools to capture that sound in your head.
11. That’s what I hope to do for you here…help you SOUND and FEEL your absolute best, when your present your songs to the world!
Are you ready? Click Here